In an attempt to widen the food choices in the train journeys, The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has tied up with popular food chains such as Domino’s, KFC, McDonald’s and Sagar Ratna.
This newly launched e- catering services will allow the passengers of Rajdhani and Shatabdi to pre-order their favourite fast food choices from their respective seat only. Divisional commercial manager Rajneesh Srivastava said that this is an effort to provide a delightful travelling experience to passengers.
The orders should be made minimum 2 hours before through online booking, SMS or phone services. One can simply order by sharing their PNR number and wait to enjoy the mouthwatering food at their desired stations along with an option of paying online and COD.
In June last year, the railway has already conducted a 45-day trial on Patna Rajdhani, Pune-Secunderabad Shatabdi, Howrah-Puri Shatabdi and Delhi-Mumbai August Kranti Rajdhani,
The food chains partnered with this initiative include Haldiram, Bikanerwala, Switz Foods, Only Alibaba, Pizza Hut, KFC, Domino’s and Sagar Ratna.
Indian Railways has effectively started this facility on Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains from 15th of June.
Procedure to book food?
- Go to www.ecatering.irctc.co.in.
- Enter PNR and select the station you want to order your meal on
- Choose vendor and the food you want to order
- Opt for payment mode and you will get a booking confirmation receipt and OTP which will later be verified at the time of delivery.
- Call on ‘1323’
- Order will be placed by the call centre executive
- SMS and e-mail shall have an OTP which shall be used for confirmation during the time of delivery.
- Text MEAL and your PNR to 139.
- Call centre executive will call and take the order
- Verify your order through OTP
- Pay for meals at the time of delivery
This is a great news for the passengers travelling by trains. If you prefer to travel by flights, grab the best deals on flight booking with EaseMyTrip and also explore excellent offers on holidays.